Friday, July 17, 2009

The Chief Let Us Use His Hole
July 10, 2009

Hmm…what happened in the last few days.
On Saturday we went to town. How do we get there? On the backs of bicycle. They are called bike taxis. They are fun until you realize they never brake. So basically death feels eminent. But I love it. They are so much fun.
While we were in town, Kazungu, McKenna really needed to find a bathroom rater desperately. So we started a hunt, which was fun until a man full of beer barked at me “Look at me when I’m talking to you,” threw a beer bottle at us, grabbed Anna, and was run out of the market by a man with an electric drill that wasn’t plugged in.
4 hour 15 minute church service. Yikes.
Kids run after us screaming Azungu- meaning white person. I feel like a celebrity. It is so bizarre.
Lifton Square (aka Pastor Square). I love him. For real. He is an intern, 37, with three kids and a sweet wife.
I LOVE it here. Most of th time. Right now I’m exhausted, but these kids are so amazing. They call me Auntie Kate, Kat, Kettie, or Kerie. I’ll respond to anything. Msawaeli told me I was his favorite the other day and Decondwa always runs to hug me- probably because I pick her up and spin her around, but regardless. It’s such an incredible experience. Im already dreading leaving the kids and team. I may never come home. Just kidding- running water and I are BFF. But I will be so sad to leave.
Bats are chirping outside the window and I am writing by candle light because powers out.
The sky here is infinite and inspiring. Add it to the bucked list.
God is so faithful. I can’t explain what He’s doing in my life right now. I’m learning and growing so much. Right now I’m working on living and working in His continual presence. I am so in awe and He is so patient when I fall short. His faithful love is my everything.
Current Reading: Esther- God works in small ways to make big things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment