Thursday, June 18, 2009

T-minus 21 Hours

Hello all!

So if you are reading this, you know I am going to Malawi for two months this summer to serve the Lord. I can't tell you how excited I am! I just can't believe that it's finally here. I finished packing and have a few small chores to take care of before I leave tomorrow (or, actually, today). As exciting as plane flight details are, I'll fill you in about the intership instead.

I am going with an organization called Children of the Nations whose offical mission is "partnering with nationals to provide holistic, Christ-centered care for orphaned and destitute children, enabling them to create a postitive and lasting change in their nations." I am going to work with five other interns, including the one and only Tamarin Kelly Cousins in a village called Chiwengo.

And how are we going to do that? By having in-house devotionals, helping take care of the children and thier homes, AND holding a regional soccer tournament! YES!! I get to serve by playing soccer. Does it get any better than that?

On a final pre-trip note- I've talked about serving Him. I'm doing that because I feel called to. I see very few things completely clearly and I believe this is part of that group. I know this is where God wants me to be right now and I feel incredibly blessed that He's getting me there. I am so excited to see what He does my life and how He uses me in the lives of those children. Anyway, that's enough about me, after all, it's not really about me, now is it?

Please pray for me and all the other interns on the trip. See you in August!

Disclaimer: There are going to be typing errors in these posts. God gave me lots of talents, spelling and typing were not included.

No comments:

Post a Comment